National Law Review has picked up a recent blog post of mine on what law firms need to know about measuring online influence.
I’m a day late with this, but given my rant from Thursday about the lack of any mention about child welfare in any leadership candidate’s policy platform (Liberal OR NDP), I wanted to set the record straight.
George Abbott came out with a statement specifically on that issue, prompted partly in…
2010 has been an awesome year.
- My son was born.
- My daughter started kindergarten.
- My love and appreciation for my wife grew tenfold.
- I started to work as a writer…full time.
- I wrote an ebook.
- I went to MaxFunCon.
- My family went to Florida.
- I met a ton of new people and made a ton of new friends.
- I began to work for an awesome company (but had to leave another awesome one to do so).
2011 is going to be more awesome.
- I’m going to be caring for my kids at home.
- My love and appreciation for my wife will increase elevenfold.
- I’ll write another book…or two.
- I’ll go to MaxFunCon…again.
- I’ll go to the World Domination Summit.
- My family will go to Mexico.
- I’ll expand my connections…and my friends.
- I’ll get better…at everything because I can.
Thank you to everyone who made my year as awesome as it was. From the people I know personally to those that I don’t. You all had an impact.
To my wife: You’re the best. Don’t know what I did to deserve a person like you in my life…but I’m glad I did. Now I just have to get better at doing it more often.
To my kids: If you’re reading this then you’re on the computer and if it’s 2011 then you’re grounded. :)
(If it’s, say…2015, then we’re good. You’re why I do what I do. It’s important to do what you love. Remember that.)
To my parents: Whether by fault or default, you helped shape who I am. Good on you. Thanks for that.
To my brother: Make 2011 your year to shine, dude.
To my extended family: Thanks for understanding me…even when you don’t.
To my cat: Stop puking on the floors. It’s gross and it ticks my wife off for good reason.
To my social media friends: I’m glad we “get it” enough to have gotten to know each other. IRL. It’s only getting better from here.
To those who have been reading Eventualism: Thanks for getting the joke. It’s going to get funnier over time. Or eventually.
To those who have been reading me here: Thanks for watching. I don’t write much here but post a lot of what I find elsewhere that’s kinda neat. Glad you liked it. Thanks to Daring Fireball, Devour and Kottke.org for providing most of the fodder.
Oh, and thanks to those of you who will keep coming here despite me providing you the source links in my last paragraph.
Happy New Year, everybody. And thank you for letting me by myself here…and someone else over here.
|—||Maya Angelou (via russellolacher)|
|—||Gore Vidal (via rumon)|
I remember exactly when it happened: two years ago. I sat down at my television set, and my loyal friend, the Talking Head, asked me to go somewhere else. “Don’t just watch the programming, interact with the stars!” the Head said, “come to our website, and find out more”. It’s like they…
Always a fun view…